Monday, September 1, 2008

Sunrise Circle!

So I've been working on this one since Easter.  I started it (knit about an inch) just before flying east for my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary.  I got stuck in O'Hare for eleven hours during a blizzard on Good Friday, and knit the entire back.  Luckily I had this project and several audio books on my phone.  Then it languished.  I seamed it up a month or two ago and realized that the sleeves were ridiculously long.  It was demoralizing.  I gave it another break.  I hemmed the body at Stitches, and had mom mark the proper sleeve length while she was in town.  I ripped back ( a huge pain when they've been knit from the cuff up), re-knit the purled turning row, and re-knit the cuff hem.  Then I stitched those up and it is as done as you see it here.  I need to sew on the buttons and crochet loops to hook over them.  I have buttons I think I like, I'll need to look at them again.  Soon this jacket will be ready, good thing it's pretty warm here and I haven't wanted it yet.  

No comments: